Social Media Youth Volunteers
We are seeking for energetic, passionate and self-driven Social Media volunteers who will be responsible for creating compelling social media content for our VII Regional Platform for DRR in the Americas and the Caribbean (RP2020).
If you like working in groups, social media and are open to new cultures and experiences, and not afraid of a challenge- join the RP2020 social media volunteers' team! The selected social media volunteers will have travel costs covered to attend the RP2020; this includes air travel, daily subsistence allowance and terminals costs for one day of preparatory activities and the three days of event (travelling on the 6th of July and return on the 11th of July 2020). The RP2020 will happen in the Convention Center of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Each participant will have to arrange its VISA and entry requirement to Jamaica. Volunteers will also receive training in Disaster Risk Reduction concepts as well as an informative package.
1. The role
In this role you will:
Support the management and curate of the official conference Social Media Outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Flicker) through:
- Create original content to post across online platforms, while maintaining message consistency.
- Brainstorm new/exciting ways to showcase the RP2020 on social media and our website.
- Use computer software to create compelling graphics that illustrate and promote the RP2020.
- Select best photos from onsite Photographers to be used in Social Media and web stories.
- Plan and create videos and photos to be posted on social media and our website.
- Source and post relevant social media updates in English and Spanish.
- Share key day-of-event info (schedule changes, attendee or venue info).
- Promote upcoming content.
- Post live content of presentations via social media channels.
- Monitor responses to posts via the website, social media, or other platforms to engage the audience.
- Support the production of a final social media report of the RP2020.
- Volunteers must be on site for the duration of the conference with availability of 8 hours or more daily.
- Online meetings and trainings will be set up in preparation to the event.
- Volunteers will not be posting social media messages as official representatives but will coordinate with Regional Platform Secretariat staff to ensure consistency of message.
- Are you over 18 and under 30?
- Do you reside in the Americas and Caribbean region?
- Strong background in social media and digital marketing. Volunteers must be experienced social media marketers and "Tweeters" who are knowledgeable about tweeting protocol and Twitter best practices (use of hash tags, re-tweeting and attribution, etc.).
- Clear communicator and collaborator.
- Detail oriented.
- The ideal candidate would be a visual storyteller, who loves graphic design, technology, and social media.
- They would have a strong interest in disaster risk reduction, sustainable development, climate change and resilience.
- Fluency in English or Spanish and desirable in both languages.
4. How to participate?
If you are interested in volunteering, please send the application through (application form):