International Strategy for Disaster Reduction
Welcome to HFA-Pedia, the ISDR system-wide interactive tool for facilitating information exchange and improved reporting. We hope you find this tool useful and welcome your comments and inputs.
This online interactive encyclopedia surrounding disaster risk reduction is open to any DRR-related topic of interest and currently includes national pages with useful information for all countries and overseas territories belonging to the Americas region, as well as a large and ever-increasing number of pages and articles surrounding transversal themes and topics of interest to the DRR community. Although new pages can be created or existing ones edited in a user-friendly way, the ISDR secretariat, as host of the HFA-Pedia, reserves the right to approve all changes.
Regions and Countries
For information about the progress being made at the national or country level, please visit that country's page by using the navigation button National Pages on the left to access the list of Country pages of the Americas or by clicking on the subregion in the map below and following the link to each particular country as indicated in the country listing. Currently available country pages are those corresponding to the Americas: North America, Central America, South America and the Caribbean.
Independent countries of the Americas:
Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, St. Kitts and Nevis, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Overseas territories of the Americas:
Anguilla (UK), Aruba (Netherlands), Bermuda (UK), British Virgin Islands (UK), Cayman Islands (UK), French Guiana (France), Guadeloupe (France), Martinique (France), Montserrat (UK), Netherlands Antilles (Netherlands), Puerto Rico (USA), Saint Barthélemy (France), Saint Pierre and Miquelon (France), Turks and Caicos (UK), United States Virgin Islands (USA).
Some pages of interest
Remember that these pages are in constant development and the quality of their content is up to all of us - the disaster risk reduction community - as the contributors and collaborators of this interactive and participatory system. As such, feel free to modify existing pages or create new pages as you see fit.
Together we are developing the wealth of DRR-related information and ensuring its availability and good use.
- Living With Risk: A Global Review of Disaster Reduction Initiatives; UN/ISDR, New York and Geneva, 2004
- Report of the Secretary-General: implementation of the International Strategy for Disaster Reduction - A/66/301; United Nations General Assembly, 12 August 2011
- Secretary General report on the progress on the implementation of the International Strategy for Disaster Reduction - A/63/351
- Report in response to General Assembly resolutions 62/192, 61/199 and 61/200); United Nations General Assembly, 10 September 2008
- The International Strategy for Disaster Reduction - Resolution A/RES/62/192; 11 February 2008
- Implementation of the International Strategy for Disaster Reduction - Report of the Secretary-General; September 5, 2007 (A/62/320)
- Measuring Progress in Disaster Risk Reduction: Americas Regional Overview 2005-2006
For more information surrounding HFA-Pedia, please see: About HFA-Pedia
If you have comments or questions, please contact Jennifer Guralnick at: email@example.com